Projects of National Significance: Self-Advocacy Resource and Techn...
The Self-Advocacy Resource Center will compile resources, best practices, training curriculum, and success stories for an online clearinghouse accessible to the public; provide training and technical assistance to self-advocacy organizations across the nation; operate a fellowship program that offers leadership development and employment opportunities for fellows; and collaborate with a diverse range of organizations including self-advocacy organizations, disability-related nonprofits, universities, state government agencies, and others to achieve the goals of the project. The Center will expand work around an ‘Easy Read Language’ initiative by working with state and regional self-advocacy organizations to help them build relationships and secure contracts with state and local agencies to develop easily read documents. Through this effort, the Center will work with AoD and other federal agencies including but not limited to the Centers for Disease Control, the Occupational Safety an...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses