BJA FY 21 Preventing School Violence: BJA's STOP School Violence Pr...
The Department of Justice is committed to advancing work that promotes civil rights, increases access to justice, supports crime victims, protects the public from crime and evolving threats, and builds trust between law enforcement and the community. The Student, Teachers, and Officers Preventing School Violence Act of 2018 (or STOP School Violence Act) describes the following for K-12 school safety projects: Training to prevent school violence, including training for local law enforcement officers, school personnel, and students. The development and operation of anonymous reporting systems for threats of school violence, including mobile telephone applications, hotlines, and websites. The development and deployment of— Multidisciplinary intervention and threat assessment teams that, when necessary, evaluate serious risks of violence in schools and include coordination with law enforcement agencies, behavioral health specialists, community stakeholders, and school personnel. Special...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education