Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NHLBI K01/K08/K23 Reci...
The purpose of this FOA is to solicit current or recently completed NHLBI K01, K08, and K23 awardees for grant support to expand their current research objectives or to branch out to a study that resulted from the research conducted under the K award. Recently completed NHLBI K01, K08, and K23 awardees are eligible to apply for the R03 if the earliest possible R03 start date falls within 2 years of their prior NHLBI K award Project Period end date. Thus, this FOA is intended to enhance the capability of NHLBI K01, K08, and K23 award recipients to conduct research as they complete their transition to fully independent investigator status. The R03 grant mechanism supports different types of projects, including pilot and feasibility studies; secondary analysis of existing data; small, self-contained research projects; development of research methodology; and development of new research technology. For current and previous K23 awardees, research proposed in the R03 application may or ma...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses