reply reply 0 shares
Ocean Exploration and Research (OER) Data Management
NCEI works with NOAA's Office of Ocean Exploration and Research (OER) to ensure that ocean exploration data collections are FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reuseable) to the public through careful stewardship of vital sonar, oceanographic, imagery, video, and collected specimen information that contribute greatly to scientific understanding of the world’s ocean.
- Access cutting-edge end-to-end data management for OER-sponsored missions, partnerships, and projects.
- Rapid and easy data access, facilitating efficient and effective long-term data preservation, and inspiring further exploration/research.
- OER Digital Atlas: An interactive map that provides access to a continuously updated archive of OER data, information, and products.
- OER Video Portal: provides access to thousands of hours of underwater video data collected by deep submergence vehicles.
- Benthic Deepwater Animal Identification Guide: A collection of images assembled as a taxonomic reference of deepwater animals.
- Okeanos Explorer - Live Operations Map: tracks the operations of the Okeanos Explorer in near real time, and shares the ship's current info.
- REST Services: A directory of geospatial REST services that provide access to the contents of GIS servers for interactive web maps.
- Environmental Agencies
- Government Agencies
- Oceanographers and Marine Biologists
- Fishing Industry
- Maritime Industry