X4Impact Powers Greater Boston Area Giving Strategy for Next Level Social Impact
Learn how a grantmaking organization used a landscape analysis of 2,200 target nonprofits in Greater Boston and the visualization of areas with service gaps to inform long-range planning.
Small nonprofits are often a critical resource for populations in need; they devote their limited resources to delivering on their mission and often remain anonymous to potential funders.
Nine of every ten philanthropic dollars in Massachusetts go to the largest one percent of nonprofits, leaving many Commonwealth nonprofits without access to resources.
Next Level Social Impact plays a vital role in addressing this gap by providing customized and accessible strategic guidance and financial support to a selected portfolio of high-impact nonprofits.
Like Next Level Social Impact, 30,000 US grantmaking organizations with assets between $1M-$10M seek insights to inform their grantmaking, but lack the resources to comb through tens of thousands of documents manually and cannot afford consulting firms for landscape analysis.
- The X4Impact Landscape Analysis for Greater Boston Area and Service Desert Map™ provided a comprehensive view of 82,000 nonprofits in Massachusetts.
- Detailed segmentation by nonprofit's size, age, geography, UN SDG, and focus area helped narrow down nonprofits to create a target list to 2,200 organizations, staffed by nearly 16,000 employees and over 300,000 volunteers.
- A Service Desert Map highlighted the areas in Greater Boston with a scarcity of Human Services-related nonprofits and the concentration of households in need of social help, so-called "Service Deserts."
- Download a free excerpt of the landscape report here.
- Next Level Social Impact saved months of data gathering by combing through online forms and fragmented data sources to understand the landscape of needs.
- The leadership team validated hypotheses related to organization size and tenure as key characteristics to inform their giving strategy.
- The team will use the insights to lead a convening of local funders to partner in addressing the identified areas of need.
Download the case study
Download the case study and use the insights as benchmarking to inform your strategy, board discussion, or advocacy and outreach.