Our Data and Research Services
Data Aggregation and Analysis to Drive Social Impact
GC Insights is the leading Insights as a Service company for social good and innovation in the US. Our social impact research technology aggregates data and insights to facilitate the understanding of the US nonprofit sector and how tech companies, private investors, philanthropists, and social innovators can support the critical missions of these organizations and build the social impact solutions of tomorrow. Our data is organized by the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals – UN SDGs – and 75+ other areas of impact.
In addition to a growing collection of interactive tools and reports, we also offer custom datasets and Landscapes Analysis to inform your giving, partnerships, and go-to-market strategies. Learn more about our offerings and data below.
Our APIs offer access to Giving Compass' vetted content and giving resources, as well as information on 3.7 million U.S. nonprofits and tax-exempt organizations and other impact data.
- Enhance your platform, power a new solution, or conduct your own research and due diligence.
- Starting at $2,500.
License our complete dataset or a subset of the data to run your own analysis, enhance your existing dataset, power your SaaS, or support other business needs.
- Access the latest information with data files (refreshed quarterly, options include CSV, Parquet, Google Sheet) or through an API.
- See how one organization used a custom dataset to power their online service directory.
- Starting at $1,800.
Custom Service Desert Maps
Service Desert Maps bring data to life for community organizers, funders, and advocacy organizations to understand where underserved populations and the nonprofits supporting them may need additional funding and services for a selected location and/or impact area.
- Starting at $800.
- Optional: add on a custom list of organizations in your target market to power your sales & marketing outreach. We provide name, address, NTEE Code, focus area, UN SDG classification, website, revenues, and more for each organization. Starting at $1,800.
Previous service deserts our team has worked on include:
Custom Landscape Analysis
Our Landscapes focus on analyzing over 1.8M active tax-exempt organizations in the US to provide insights for Philanthropists, Impact Investors, Consulting Firms, Academia, and Technology Providers.
- Inform your funding, partnerships, go-to-market and engagement strategies based on location or impact area.
- Receive a custom list of organizations in your target market to power your sales & marketing outreach as a companion to your custom report. We provide name, address, NTEE Code, focus area, UN SDG classification, website, revenues, and more for each organization.
- Our Geographic Landscapes and Impact Area Landscapes start at $4,500 each. Learn more about our Geographic and Impact Area.
Previous landscapes our team has worked on include:
As of Q1 of 2023, our database contains over 3.3M tax exempt and nonprofit organizations and over 850 million associated data points that we use to generate insights to power third-party applications as well as our data and research services.
Using Microsoft Azure Data Factory we automated the process of cleaning, updating, normalizing, and classifying data from different sources including the IRS Business Master File, IRS 990 Forms (990, 990PF, and 990EZ), and the National Center of Charitable Statistics (NCCS).
Available Data Points Include:
- Physical and website addresses.
- Funding sources.
- Common expenses.
- Alignment with the 17 UN SDGs and 75+ other impact areas.
- Employee and volunteer counts.
- Mission and impact statements.