Our Data and Research Services
Data Aggregation and Analysis to Drive Social Impact
X4Impact is the leading Insights as a Service company for social good and innovation in the US. Our social impact research technology aggregates data and insights to facilitate the understanding of the US nonprofit sector and how tech companies, private investors, philanthropists, and social innovators can support the critical missions of these organizations and build the social impact solutions of tomorrow. Our data is organized by the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals – UN SDGs – and 75+ other areas of impact.
In addition to a growing collection of interactive tools and reports, we also offer custom datasets and Landscapes Analysis to inform your giving, partnerships, and go-to-market strategies. Learn more about our offerings and data below.
Custom Landscape Analysis and Service Desert Maps
- Identify addressable markets by location or impact area.
- Receive a custom list of organizations in your target market to power your sales & marketing outreach. We provide name, address, NTEE Code, focus area, UN SDG classification, website, revenues, and more for each organization.
- Custom Landscapes Starting at $3,000.
- Service Desert Maps Starting at $800.
Previous landscapes our team has worked on include:
- Safe and Affordable Housing in the US – Nonprofit and Technology Landscape
- The US Nonprofit Landscape: Human Services Insights 2022
- Next Level Social Impact - Greater Boston Landscape
"We have spent a lot of time trying to find the right data to best inform our work supporting the local nonprofit sector. We are fortunate to have found X4Impact! Their Landscape Analysis provided actionable data insights in a streamlined, easily digestible format."
License Our Data to Power Your Research, Products, or Services
- Get access to our complete dataset or a subset of the data to run your own analysis, enhance your existing dataset, power your SaaS, or support other business needs.
- Access the latest information with data files (refreshed quarterly, options include CSV, Parquet, Google Sheet) or through an API.
- See how one organization used a custom dataset to power their online service directory.
- Starting at $1,500.
"Thanks to X4Impact, we now have a place to find solutions designed for and by people who are closest to the challenges, infrastructure data that exposes systemic resource deserts, strategies for sustainable development goals, and market trends about some of the most urgent issues being faced locally and globally."
Surprisingly, we have found a large number of organizations that duplicate spend in downloading, parsing, updating, filtering, and maintaining IRS 990 data. By licensing our data, we can deliver a clean, filtered, and regularly updated dataset for a fraction of the cost. We can also augment that data using machine learning so that the data can be seen through different lenses including Climate Change, Health, Higher Education, Social Justice, DAF Eligibility, or UN Sustainability Goals. This data has been shown to be invaluable for Foundations, DAFs, Nonprofits, and Social Entrepreneurs. This allows your teams to focus on what matters most, creating impact!
VP of Product & Engineering, Giving Compass
As of Q1 of 2023, our database contains over 3.3M tax exempt and nonprofit organizations and over 850 million associated data points that we use to generate insights to power third-party applications as well as our data and research services.
Using Microsoft Azure Data Factory we automated the process of cleaning, updating, normalizing, and classifying data from different sources including the IRS Business Master File, IRS 990 Forms (990, 990PF, and 990EZ), and the National Center of Charitable Statistics (NCCS).
Available Data Points Include:
- Physical and website addresses.
- Funding sources.
- Common expenses.
- Alignment with the 17 UN SDGs and 75+ other impact areas.
- Employee and volunteer counts.
- Mission and impact statements.
See Data Dictionary: Expanded Dataset Tab for a full list of data fields available to license or include in a custom analysis. If you see something that we can improve, please contact us.
Explore how many organizations we have information for per impact area(s)