Nonprofit Landscape by Impact Area
Our Vertical Landscape Series focuses on analyzing over 1.8M active tax-exempt organizations in the US to provide insights for Philanthropists, Impact Investors, Consulting Firms, Academia, and Technology Providers.
These reports aim to inform funding, partnerships, go-to-market and engagement strategies in a selected area of impact including Education, Environment, Healthcare, Justice, and more.
See The Data by Impact Area:
Explore over 70 impact areas below to see a preview of the data supporting each Landscape Analysis, including the number of organizations and annual income.
Use this report to understand:
- How large is the Nonprofit Sector in the US in your focus area?
- Where are the opportunity zones to contribute to achieving greater impact? Tailored for your work as a philanthropic funder, impact investor, academic, consultant, or tech solution provider.
- How can your outreach strategy use data to understand nonprofit organizations in your target market(s)?
The report includes:
National and State Level Data
- We set the stage with an infographic to help visualize the Nonprofit Sector in the chosen impact area in context of the overall US nonprofit landscape. This is a perfect summary for your executive decks, pitch decks, go-to-market plans, channel marketing material, and more.
- We provide an analysis of the revenue growth from 2018 to 2020 by organizational size and age.
- We also analyze key metrics like the number of organizations by size, geographic distribution, reported number of employees, engaged volunteers, funding sources, and expenses in selected categories, including their IT spending.
Technology Solutions & Trends
An overview of funding trends and current technology solutions in the selected impact area.
Selected Target Nonprofits to Engage (up to 1,800 organizations)
An excel file with up to 1,800 organizations ranked by employees, income, assets, IT budget or your chosen criteria.
We provide name, address, NTEE code, website, revenues, expenses, income sources, focus area, UN SDG classification, and other dimensions for each organization. See Data Dictionary: Expanded Dataset Tab.
- These landscape packages, valued at $8,000, are available for $4,500 until April 30, 2023.
- Download an excerpt of the PreK-12 Education Landscape to see an example report - DOWNLOAD IT NOW