Discovery of Cell-based Chemical Probes for Novel Brain Targets (R2...
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) intends to support investigators who have interest and capability to join efforts for the discovery of cell-based chemical probes for novel brain targets. It is expected that applicants will have in hand the starting compounds (validated hits) for chemical optimization and bioassays for testing new analog compounds. Through this FOA, NIH wishes to stimulate research in: 1) discovery and development of novel, small molecules for their potential use in understanding biological processes relevant to the missions of NIMH, NIA, NICHD, and/or NIDCD; and 2) discovery and/or validation of novel, biological targets that will inform studies of brain disease mechanisms. Emphasis will be placed on projects that provide new insight into important disease-related biological targets and biological processes. The main emphasis of projects submitted under this FOA should be in the discovery of cell-based chemical probes. Applicants interested in developing...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses