NCI Clinical and Translational Exploratory/Developmental Studies (...
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) supports the development of new exploratory research in cancer diagnosis, treatment, imaging, symptom/toxicity, and prevention clinical trials; correlative studies associated with clinical trials; novel cancer therapeutic, symptom/toxicity, and preventive agent development, radiotherapy development activities, and mechanism-driven combinations; and innovative preclinical studies--including the use of new clinically-relevant models and imaging technologies--which could lead to first-in-human clinical trials. The R21 mechanism is intended to encourage exploratory and developmental research projects by providing support for the early and conceptual stages of these projects. These studies may involve considerable risk, but may lead to a breakthrough in a particular area, or to the development of novel techniques, agents, methodologies, models, or applications that could have a major impact on a field of cancer research (pre-clinical or clinica...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses