The CDC National Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence Prevention...
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention?s (CDC) National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC or Injury Center) is soliciting research proposals to expand the evidence base for the primary prevention of youth violence. The purpose of this announcement is to fund the National Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence Prevention (Youth Violence Prevention Centers or YVPCs) to continue to build the evidence-base for violence prevention strategies and approaches that reduce community rates of youth violence within one or more geographically defined communities with high rates of youth violence. Applications for YVPCs supported under this announcement must describe 5 core elements: (1) an administrative infrastructure to support implementation, evaluation, and dissemination activities; to foster necessary local collaborations to achieve the YVPC's goals; and to work with other funded YVPCs as part of the YVPC Network; (2) the selected community or set of communities with ...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses