Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (CIFAS...
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) seeks applications to continue the previously funded Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (CIFASD). Responsive applications are expected to address urgent and important unmet needs in the fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) field through an integrated and multidisciplinary research approach. These unmet needs include identifying FASD cases early and accurately, improving interventions to mitigate FASD outcomes; expanding basic and mechanistic understanding of alcohol teratogenesis aimed at accelerated translation, and reducing prenatal alcohol exposure and the incidence of FASD. Cooperative Agreement (UH2) applications in response to this FOA should propose exploratory/developmental projects of the CIFASD consortium.
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses