Consortium for Innovative HIV/AIDS Vaccine and Cure Research (UM1 C...
The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to support consortia to conduct research toward the prevention and cure of HIV. The Consortium for Innovative HIV Vaccine and Cure Research will establish a collaborative and integrated research program built around two areas of scientific focus: identification of the correlates and the mechanism(s) of protection of preventive vaccine(s) and the use of vaccines or other immune modalities in advancing cure research. Preclinical studies in nonhuman primate (NHP) models will be supported to investigate the mechanism(s), by which efficacious AIDS vaccines protect NHPs from initial infection or establishment of systemic infection, and will incorporate vaccines or other immune interventions into cure strategies in SIV or SHIV-infected NHPs with the objective of eliminating virus reservoirs or establishing elite control of virus replication. Research findings can be applied to improve HIV vaccines and cure strategies and further...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses