Development of Animal Models and Related Biological Materials for R...
This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) encourages innovative research to develop, characterize, and improve animal models, biological materials, and novel technologies to better understand human health and disease. This FOA also seeks projects aimed at improving the diagnosis and control of diseases that interfere with animal use for biomedical research. The proposed project must have broad application to multiple NIH Institutes or Centers (ICs) to align with the Office of Research Infrastructure Programs (ORIP) trans-NIH mission. The proposed studies must explore multiple body systems or evaluate diseases that impact multiple body systems. Applications that develop models focused on a specific disease or area of research, or only propose studies primarily relevant to a single NIH IC will be considered not acceptable to this FOA.
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses