Enhancement or Sustainment of Data Science Tools for Infectious and...
The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to solicit applications for the enhancement and/or sustainment of high-value data science research software to improve the acquisition, management, analysis, visualization, and dissemination of data and knowledge across the immune-mediated, and infectious-disease research continuum, aligned with the research mission of NIAID. This includes infectious diseases, emerging infections, or immune-mediated diseases that include allergy, autoimmunity, or immune reactions associated with transplantation. As a part of the trans-NIAID data science program, this FOA focuses on enhancement and/or sustaining operations and improving the user experience and availability of existing, widely adopted informatics tools and resources. This contrasts with exploratory (R21) and early-stage (U01) development efforts to generate these tools and resources that are supported by the companion FOA s.
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses