Exploratory Data Science Methods and Algorithm Development in Infec...
The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to support exploratory research focused on developing innovative methods and algorithms in biomedical computing, informatics, and data science addressing priority needs across the infectious diseases, emerging infections, or immune-mediated diseases (that include allergy, autoimmunity, or immune reactions associated with transplantation henceforth referred to as "infectious or immune-mediated diseases") research continuum and align with the research mission of NIAID. As a part of the trans-NIAID Data Science (AI-DS) program, this R21 FOA encourages applications focused on the development of novel computational, mathematical, and statistical algorithms and methods, including artificial intelligence and machine learning approaches, that can considerably improve acquisition, management, analysis, and dissemination of relevant data and/or knowledge.
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses