Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NIAMS K08 and K23 Reci...
The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) announces a program that provides NIAMS-supported K08 and K23 recipients the opportunity to apply for Small Grant (R03) support at some point during the second to fourth year of their K award. Through this FOA, the NIAMS is seeking to enhance the capability of its clinical scientists to conduct research as they complete their transition to fully independent investigator status. The R03 grant mechanism supports different types of projects, including pilot and feasibility studies; secondary analysis of existing data; small, self-contained research projects; development of research methodology; and development of new research technology. The R03 is, therefore, intended to support research projects that can be carried out in a short period of time with limited resources and that provide preliminary data to support a subsequent R01, or equivalent, application. Clinical trials of any phase will not be suppor...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses