Maximizing Investigators Research Award (MIRA) for Early Stage Inve...
The Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (MIRA) under this FOA is a grant to provide support for a program of research in an early stage investigator's laboratory that falls within the mission of NIGMS. For the purpose of this FOA, a program of research is a collection of projects in the investigator's lab that are relevant to the mission of NIGMS. The goal of MIRA is to increase the efficiency and efficacy of NIGMS funding. It is anticipated that this FOA will: Enable investigators to apply earlier in their independent research careers, allowing them to secure grant funding that will launch and sustain successful research careers. Enhance investigators' ability to move into research areas that are distinct from those of their postdoctoral mentors, which could lead to new scientific discoveries. Increase the stability of funding for NIGMS-supported investigators, which could enhance their ability to take on ambitious scientific projects and approach problems more creatively. Inc...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses