NEI Translational Research Program (TRP) on Therapy for Visual Diso...
The purpose of this FOA is the rapid and efficient translation of innovative laboratory research findings into therapies, devices or other resources for use by clinicians to treat visual system diseases or disorders. Multidisciplinary teams of scientists and clinicians will focus on generating preclinical data that will lead to the development of biological interventions, such as gene therapy, cell-based therapy, pharmacological approaches, and/or medical devices. The ultimate goal of this program is to make technological, biological and pharmacological resources available to clinicians and their patients.
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses