Paul B. Beeson Emerging Leaders Career Development Award in Aging (...
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites early-stage physician and other health professional investigators with a commitment to aging and/or aging-related diseases to apply for this award to advance their research and leadership skills in their specialty and in the broader field of aging and geriatrics research. The National Institute on Aging (NIA) is pursuing this initiative to recruit early-stage investigators who have begun to establish research programs and who, through this award, will be ready to assume leadership roles in their field of expertise and will be poised to change theory, practice, and health outcomes related to the health of older individuals. Unlike other mentored K awards, candidates for this award must have received competitively awarded research support as a Program Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI) at the faculty level or have otherwise leveraged faculty-level research support to develop an independent line of research. They must show eviden...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses