Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (R25 - Independent Cli...
This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) provides support to eligible, domestic institutions to develop and implement effective, evidence-informed approaches to biomedical research education and mentoring that will keep pace with the rapid evolution of the research enterprise. NIGMS expects that the proposed research education programs will incorporate extensive research experiences, well-designed courses for skills development, mentoring, cohort building activities, and career development elements to prepare recent baccalaureates from diverse backgrounds to transition into and complete rigorous research-focused doctoral degree programs (e.g., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.) in biomedical fields. This program is limited to applications from doctoral degree-granting research-intensive institutions. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) does not allow appointed participants to lead an independent clinical trial but does allow them to obtain research experience in a clinical trial led by...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses