SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19 and Consequences of Alcohol Use (R03 Clinical ...
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will support research grants to address urgent, time-sensitive research questions on the relationships between alcohol consumption and COVID-19 related outcomes and consequences. The principal area of focus is research that can improve public health in the near term by informing responses to the current COVID-19 pandemic, in view of 1) the impact of alcohol misuse on incidence and severity of COVID-19 disease or 2) the effect of the COVID-19 disease and pandemic-induced restrictions on alcohol use and alcohol use disorder (AUD). Time-sensitive applications for which standard NIH review and funding timelines would compromise either the ability to conduct the research or the value of the knowledge and with the potential to inform responses to the current pandemic will be considered.
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses