Research and Evaluation on Policing Strategies for Civil Disturbanc...
With this solicitation, NIJ seeks proposals for rigorous research and evaluation projects to better understand the factors that lead to violent disorder and criminal conduct at some protests and demonstrations but not others, and the tactics and strategies that police use to maintain public order. To that end, NIJ seeks applications for funding research projects addressing these two topics: Police Strategies and Tactics to Respond to Violence and Maintain Order The Role of Extremists in Fomenting Violence at Protests and Demonstrations Applicants' proposals must clearly indicate to which topic the proposal is being submitted. Applications proposing research involving partnerships with criminal justice or other agencies, should include a strong letter of support, signed by an appropriate decision-making authority from each proposed, partnering agency. A letter of support should include the partnering agency's acknowledgement that de-identified data derived from, provided to, or obtai...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses