EDA Atlanta FY 2016–FY 2019 Planning Program and Local Technical...
Pursuant to PWEDA, EDA announces general policies and application procedures for grant-based investments under the Planning and Local Technical Assistance programs. Under the Planning program EDA assists eligible recipients in creating regional economic development plans designed to build capacity and guide the economic prosperity and resiliency of an area or region. As part of this program, EDA supports Partnership Planning investments to facilitate the development, implementation, revision, or replacement of Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (CEDS), which articulate and prioritize the strategic economic goals of recipients’ respective regions. In general, EDA provides Partnership Planning grants to the designated planning organization (e.g., District Organization) serving EDA designated Economic Development Districts to enable these organizations to develop and implement relevant CEDS. In addition, EDA provides Partnership Planning grants to Indian Tribes to help dev...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education