Strategic Trends Division Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
The DTRA Broad Agency Announcement activity proposes to solicit outstanding private and public research institutions (to include – but not limited to – think tanks, industry, and universities) to develop and provide credible, timely, operationally relevant and actionable research products that inform Strategic Trends Division’s efforts to characterize the 2025 to 2030 threat environment in an era of Great Power Competition through the Strategic Trends Research Initiative. Per priorities identified by the 2018 National Defense Strategy, SI-STT seeks white papers and proposals for research studies, strategic dialogues, and tabletop exercises. While SI-STT will provide guidance and direction throughout the life of awarded projects to ensure they meet DTRA’s needs, the awarded research efforts constitute applied research and development, rather than assistance and advisory services because DTRA is asking for independently produced deliverables that are designed to identify and answer sp...
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses