Research and Evaluation on the Police Response to Homelessness, Fis...
With this solicitation, NIJ seeks proposals for rigorous research and evaluation projects to conduct exploratory research and secondary/open data analysis to assess the range of practices, strategies, and tactics used by police to respond to homelessness. Applicants must propose case studies, among other research activities, to establish the complexity and breadth of public and private agencies, organizations, and institutions connected to the police response to homelessness. This solicitation supports the U.S. Department of Justice's strategic goals associated with combat violent crime, promote safe communities, uphold the rights of victims of crime, and uphold the rule of law and integrity in the proper administration of justice. Applicants proposing research involving partnerships with criminal justice or other agencies should include a strong letter of support, signed by an appropriate decision-making authority from each proposed partnering agency. A letter of support should inc...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses