The National Historical Publications and Records Commission seeks projects that will make collections from small and under-represented archives more readily available for public discovery and use. The grant program will fund Archives Collaboratives to share best practices, tools, and techniques; assess institutional strengths and opportunities; and promote management structures for long-term sustainability and growth. Archives Collaboratives must consist of three or more organizations. They may: ? be located in the same community, state, or geographic region ? be “virtual” or online collaboratives ? share affinities among the scope and subject matter of their collections ? have similar organizational missions ? serve similar types of user communities For a comprehensive list of the Commission’s limitations on funding, please see “What we do and do not fund” (http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/apply/eligibility.html). Applications that consist entirely of ineligible activities w...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education