NHPRC-Mellon Start-Up Grants for Collaborative Digital Editions in...
The National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC), with funding provided by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, seeks proposals for its new program for Collaborative Digital Editions in African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, and Native American History. With an overarching goal to broaden participation in the production and publication of historical and scholarly digital editions, the Start-Up grants program is designed: ? To provide opportunities that augment the preparation and training of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) new to the work of historical documentary editing, especially those currently working in history or related area and ethnic studies departments. ? To encourage and support the innovative and collaborative re-thinking of the historical and scholarly digital edition itself—how it is conceived, whose voices it centers, and for what purposes. ? To encourage and support the early planning and development of significant, inn...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education