Understanding and Reducing Cardiovascular Disease in Type 1 Diabete...
The goal of this funding opportunity is to support research that enhances the understanding of the pathophysiology and epidemiology of cardiovascular disease (CVD) among individuals with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM), and support the development of interventions to reduce CVD risk among these individuals. The overall goal is to develop evidence-based guidelines to prevent or reduce CVD complications of T1DM across the lifespan. This funding opportunity will support epidemiologic studies to refine risk assessment, mechanistic studies to enhance understanding of the pathophysiology of CVD in T1DM, and small clinical trials that could inform the future development of larger trials focused on preventing or reducing the CVD complications of T1DM. The focus of this FOA is on macrovascular disease that includes outcomes of myocardial infarction, stroke, peripheral artery disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathy, cardiac arrythmias and cardiac autonomic neuropathy and/or the study of corona...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses