UN SDG #6 Clean Water and Sanitation UN SDG #6

challenge

0 shares

Analysis of Water Quality for Human Consumption

Analyzing the quality of water for human consumption can be. time consuming and costly. Having hardware that detects possible changes in water characteristics and distinguishes drinking water from contaminated water can help millions know if what they are drinking is safe.

challenge

0 shares

Analysis of Water Quality for Human Consumption

Analyzing the quality of water for human consumption can be. time consuming and costly. Having hardware that detects possible changes in water characteristics and distinguishes drinking water from contaminated water can help millions know if what they are drinking is safe.
1.6M
people impacted
$14.7B
potential funding
the problem
Nature and Context

Protecting America’s drinking water is a top priority for EPA. EPA has established protective drinking water standards for more than 90 contaminants, including drinking water regulations issued since the 1996 amendments to the Safe Drinking Water Act that strengthen public health protection.  Over 92 percent of the population supplied by community water systems receives drinking water that meets all health-based standards all of the time. This is not the case globally, and for that remaining 8 percent of Americans. Innovation on ways to determine if water is safe to drink, and what contaminates make it unsafe will help millions of people gain access to safe water, and prevent them from drinking from a contaminated source.

Symptoms and Causes
the impact
Negative Effects
Economic Impact
Success Metrics
who benefits from solving this problem
Organization Types
Stakeholders
financial insights
Current Funding
Potential Solution Funding
ideas
Ideas Description

Rede InfoAmazonia has developed an inexpensive monitoring system to analyze the quality of water for human consumption. It has also established a monitoring network in partnership with communities in the Brazilian Amazon. The hardware detects possible changes in water characteristics and the results help distinguish drinking water from contaminated water. It provides real-time analysis results and sends notifications to consumers via SMS.

Ideas Value Proposition
Ideas Sustainability
attributions
Contributors to this Page