Groundwater Recharge Assessment Tool
The Groundwater Recharge Assessment Tool (GRAT) gives agricultural water providers and Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSAs), essential insights to maximize groundwater recharge opportunities. GRAT’s cloud-based application integrates hydrologic, agronomic and geologic science with best-available data from local, state and federal sources to create an indexed ranking of suitable sites.
- GRAT enables districts and GSAs to more efficiently create, evaluate and implement Groundwater Sustainability Plans (GSPs).
- GRAT helps districts avoid missed opportunities to augment their water supplies by optimizing district recharge.
- GRAT was developed by Sustainable Conservation and The Earth Genome in conjunction with irrigation districts, growers and agronomists.
- It integrates hydrologic, agronomic and geologic science with the best available data from local, state and federal sources.
- GRAT’s nearly unlimited scenarios and customized reports, comparing recharge methods, water recharged, and more!
- Districts and Groundwater Sustainability Agencies (GSAs)
- Local and State Governments