OVC FY 2021 Emergency and Transitional Pet Shelter and Housing Assi...
The Department of Justice is committed to advancing work that promotes civil rights, increases access to justice, supports crime victims, protects the public from crime and evolving threats, and builds trust between law enforcement and the community. This program will provide funding for shelter and transitional housing and other assistance to victims of domestic violence and their companion animals, which under this program means pets, service animals, emotional support animals, and horses. The term "domestic violence victim" means a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, as established in Public Law 115-334. The following definitions, set out in 34 U.S.C. 20127(b)(9), apply to this solicitation: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VICTIM. The term "domestic violence victim" means a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking. EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL. The term ‘‘emotional support animal’’ means an animal that is covered by the exclus...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses