OVC FY 2021 Fostering Resilience and Hope: Bridging the Gap Between...
The Department of Justice is committed to advancing work that promotes civil rights, increases access to justice, supports crime victims, protects the public from crime and evolving threats, and builds trust between law enforcement and the community. This program will support demonstration sites in implementing a hope-centered framework to 1) address trauma experienced by law enforcement and 2) build trust with the communities they serve. Collective hope is a "shared desire for a better society articulated through a broad set of agreed upon goals and principles and elaborated through socially inclusive dialogue," (Braithwaite V. Collective Hope. The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. 2004;592(1):6-15. doi:10.1177/0002716203262049). This initiative will increase training, capacity, advocacy, outreach around Hope Theory as an organizing framework in order to repair and rebuild trusted relationships between law enforcement and the communities they serve. Ul...
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education