CleanSwell App - Fighting for Trash Free Seas
CleanSwell is used to document millions of pounds of trash found during beach cleanups. It tracks the path of users during cleanup efforts, tallies miles cleaned up, and keeps a record of the total amount of trash you’ve collected. CleanSwell's data delivers a global snapshot of ocean trash, providing researchers and policy-makers insight to inform solutions.
- Check out your Cleanup history to see the impact you’ve had on making oceans cleaner and healthier
- Join a global movement to keep beaches, waterways and the ocean trash free
- Head out to your favorite beach and use the app to easily record each item of trash you collect, then share your effort with friends
- Data you collect instantaneously uploads to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database
- Create ocean trash solutions by contributing to a global database and helping to identify trends
- Learn scientific facts about the impact of trash on ocean animals and what you can do to help
- Earn badges based on the type and quantity of trash and cleanups you do, like the Sea Turtle Saver!
- Cities and governments
- Companies that track employee impact
- International Coastal Cleanup® volunteers