reply reply 0 shares
Allsides for Schools -Thoughtful Participation in Democracy
- Lesson Plans by Topic: provide teachers the materials and guidance for students to learn different perspectives on issues, constructively.
- Classroom Activities: help cultivate their skills and proficiency in media literacy, critical thinking, and respectful conversations.
- Equip students with media literacy skills to assess news and information more critically.
- Build relationships and have conversations with others on difficult topics, even (or especially) when we have different opinions.
- News Literacy: Explores digital news, media bias, and how to appreciate diverse perspectives.
- Respectful Dialogue: Helps students build relationships with people different from them and understand and appreciate new ideas.
- Critical Thinking: Enables students to evaluate information and navigate interactions across difference.
- Mismatch™: Connecting students across distance and divides to engage in respectful, face-to-face conversation.
- Middle Schools and High Schools
- News/Media Industry
- Institutions of Democracy
- Parents and Teachers