Opportunity at Work - Expanding Diversity in Hiring
Millions of Americans are locked out of better jobs simply because they lack a four-year degree. Yet these workers have skills that companies desperately need – skills they developed through military service, in training programs, at community colleges, on the job, or through other alternatives to college.
- Helping employers look beyond degrees and hire for skills
- Empower individuals to competitively apply for entry-level jobs
- It’s time for more employers to recognize and value individuals who are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs)
- We're re-wiring the labor market so that STARs can work, learn and earn to their full potential.
- Employment resource organizations
- Nonprofits supporting previously incarcerated individuals
- Nontraditional educational institutions