reply reply 0 shares
Outreach and case teams use Samaritan to help clients overcome barriers to a permanent, supportive home, unlocking capacity to reach the next person in need sooner. The support platform—specifically designed for people without a home—is used to provide hope to vulnerable populations by connecting them to the financial and social support needed to move forward.
- The beacon promotes monthly counseling sessions, a critical & proven mechanism to help people to overcome their challenges.
- Connects community with homeless population, providing critical service and donation needs.
- The beacon holder can use funds at partnered stores and nonprofits to buy what they need to survive or leave the street.
- The beacon can be used with dignity at any partnered merchant for helpful goods and services.
- To keep their beacon active, holders meet with a counselor monthly to set and follow up their goals.
- Users can learn of the homeless individual story, and give directly towards their ciritcl, unmet needs.
- App uses bluetooth to send users a notification when you're close to a homeless beacon holder.
- Large employers that want to connect with their local community
- Homeless individuals
- Citizens & workers