CoralVita Restores Reefs with High-Tech Coral Farms
Coral Vita creates high-tech coral farms that incorporate breakthrough methods to restore reefs in the most effective way possible. Our scientific team has partnered with leading marine institutes, utilizing techniques to grow coral up to 50x faster while boosting their resiliency against the warming and acidifying oceans that threaten their survival.
- Study reef’s health and water quality conditions to identify restoration site.
- Develop restoration plan, determining which coral species should be grown, how many, and where they will be planted to revive the reef.
- Rear corals using accelerated growth and improved resiliency methods in our land-based farms.
- Evaluate restoration progress and local marine health after installation
- Coral Vita is continuing to innovate on the microfragmenting process pioneered by our advisor Dr. David Vaughan.
- We also breed native corals together, selecting for resilience.
- Coral Vita’s high-tech farms are able to incorporate the latest coral restoration innovations.
- Ocean-based nurseries